Monday, August 22, 2011

The Day A Star Was Born...

I know I haven't kept you all posted for awhile, but my son has finally arrived!! After smiling, feeling anxious, and being excited...I am more excited then ever! Everything went well on Tuesday, my son was born at 11:56 A.M. weighing 9 lbs, 0.9 oz and 20.5 inches long.  BIG BOY and healthy as can be! When I heard his first cry I started smiling from cheek to cheek, the feeling is amazing!


I went into work Thursday morning, but before I left the hospital I wanted to see my son.  I walked in the nursery and heard him crying, I felt bad.  I leaned over next to him and said, "What's wrong son? Daddy is here." He grasped my finger tight and slowly opened his eyes, and then there was nothing but silence. To all parents out there, you know how that feels!  I can't even explain how that felt to soothe my son's cry with the sound of my voice.  I gave him his pacifier and he went right back to sleep.  I wanted to tear up because to others that could be nothing, but to a new Father, the feeling was spectacular.

I just want to let everyone know that Tuesday, August 16th was an absolute blessing for me!  I can't even fully comprehend or explain how I feel right now, its unreal.  I love everything about my lil soldier and I will always, I mean ALWAYS be there for him.  I don't understand how some men can bring a child into this world and want nothing to do with them, some women do the same too.  That is an absolute shame and people like that don't even deserve the opportunity to give life. Children are our future and I could never NOT be there for my child. Life is the best gift from God, cherish what you have brought into this world and watch your perception on life completely transform into something greater!


Tomorrow my son will be a week old and time is already flying by.  To me, the most valuable thing is time because you never know when your time is up.  That's why you should spend your time wisely with everything you do.  With time already winding down and going fast, I will use my time wisely by capturing special moments of my newborn, spending as much time as I can with him, being there for him and showing him what life is all about. I couldn't be happier and the feeling of playing Daddy is absolutely astonishing :) I am blessed and very excited to go through this journey with my new family.


I finally got to meet you!! Welcome to the world son, you truely are blessed!


Love Always & Forever,


~Daddy~

1 comment:

  1. You may think you are the lucky one when it is he as well. He will soon (if he hasn't already) see that he has the best father in the world- a father that every infant should have, but is so rare to find. You both are blessings to each other. Seeing how you are as a father has been my most amazing gift because you are perfect and I thank god everyday for sending you to me first and then tyson :) I love you

    ReplyDelete